Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Sweet Summer Time

Some of my favorite summer moments as a child were spent in an inflatable pool. I would stretch out, the crisp southern grass stabbing my back and legs through the thin pool bottom, and dip my hair into the ice cold water. I never had the patience to wait for the water to warm as soon as it was filled from the hose. I was always the first in and last out ... and sometimes I would scare my siblings to completely avoid the pool. Some days a shark would be attacking me, biting my leg and I'd scream and splash my way into at least one hour of a solitary swim. One time I convinced them I had become a mermaid monster and if they dared to enter, I'd be forced to eat them.

On those hot summer days, I would stay under water until my toes and fingers crinkled and my skin blistered from the sun. They were the best days of my young life. I loved every minute of it.


And now my own children will have those memories.











Those sweet summer memories.


No comments: