Thursday, July 28, 2011

Smorgasbord Day



The most exciting part of my day, to date, happened when the Baby Man took off his diaper and ran around the living room.

I failed to mention what he left in his diaper for me to clean up ...

On that note ... today has consisted of randomly compiled events that leave me grasping for some sort of control. I'm in charge of the tv remote, which means it's OFF at the moment, and you can only imagine the wonderful things about THAT I've heard all day ... the big kids are having arts and crafts time at the table and the lil' fella is refusing his nap {for the second day in a row}. I have been on a mission to sell as many water bottles as I can for the cheerleader's fundraiser, and have also spent hours scouring the internet for jobs for the husband {we're SERIOUS about moving South}. I made college food for lunch (ramen noodles) and I'm pretty sure my lil' man ate cereal out of the box for breakfast this morning ... but I can't remember since I'm a little blurry from sleep deprivation. Note to self: Never read a serial killer documentary before going to bed. Never. Don't even Google Jeffrey Dahmer. It will keep you up until 3:30am. True Story.

So as the day winds down, I still need to shower and get the cheer bag ready to go for this evening's practice. Baked Ziti is waiting to be thrown together, and triple baths are on my late-late evening agenda. We're carpooling to the football field with sweet, sweet friends tonight ... and I shall spend at least two hours sweating in the setting sun. But I don't mind. Because my six year old will be on top of the pyramid, grinning and shouting and clapping ... and I will relinquish all control of the day ... and just watch my girl do her thang.

And that will be my day folks. Another day down, one without much purpose ... but will still be remembered.

As the day the baby man ran free, nekked as a jaybird, with a brown butt.

*** I also have a food / recipe blog where I very amateurly share my dinners with you. Check it out when you're hungry ... Bow your head, and Everyone Say Grace! ***

No comments: