Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Nice to Meet You

Introductions are sometimes awkward, aren't they? I'll make this easy on you :) I'll do all the talking ... and you just ... read. Haha!
My name is Amanda. I grew up in South Carolina, spending my childhood below the Bible belt. My parents have been married for thirty-three years and have five children. I'm the second child, first girl in that mix. Growing up in a big family has been crazy, yet very rewarding. I wish my 29 year old self could have told my 15year old self how cool it is to be part of a big family ... whose parent's are still married too!
I myself have been married seven years this fall. My husband { aka "the man" } was in the Military when we met. It was an instant connection. We fell hard and fast for one another, marrying less than a year after we "officially met" ... there's a story there folks! :)
I became a Mom in 2005. For the last six years, my three children have been my life. I have two girls, ages six and four, and one boy who will be two this fall. You'll hear about them all.the.time, I'm sure.
I love them more than my own life. And I have learned a lot about motherhood from them ... things that I will be sharing with you. It's not always pretty but it's The Truth { title of tag to come }.

I love things. Lots of things. The beach, reading, scrapbooking, vintage pretty soft things, reading on the beach, antique stores, photography, brownies, laughing, ladies nights out, empty laundry hampers, good music, sparkley vampires, the soothing sound of the ocean, salt spray gently stinging my legs, cooking, baking, forensic tv ... just to name a few ;)
There is a lot more to me than who I am surrounded by and things that make me smile ... and that, my dear friends, is the reason for this blog. You'll find it out soon enough. Things like, the fact that I am suffering from endometriosis ... and how I love my Jesus and am enjoying learning about and growing with my Savior!
Everyone has a story to tell. This is just the tip of my iceberg.
Nice to meet you all :)

No comments: